Saturday, December 11, 2010

More ornaments


I'm still playing with felted hearts and this is the one I made yesterday for today's guild meeting and its annual ornament exchange.   Process was the same as the one I worked on earlier this week but I went with an additional appliqued heart in a darker green.  I think it brings out the other green a little more and it fulfills the quote -- "(his) small heart grew 3 sizes that day."

These paper and fabric ornaments came to me through the Chickens in the Road ornament exchange from Kelly F.  Who wouldn't love to open a package and find handmade Christmas ornaments?

6 comments:

Andrea said...

How *darling*!!! :-)

~Andrea

Carolyn said...

Thanks! They're certainly fun to make -- I may use up the rest of the red sweater for hearts to tie on packages instead of bows.

Jennlala said...

Yep, I do Love it! Good thing I didn't look at your blog that day. ;)
I did not realize, until my daughter looked at it and told me, that you must have made the bag also. So neat! I will have to try that someday. Thanks!

The line I always think of is "I wouldn't touch you with with Thirty-nine and a half foot POLE!"
(can't you hear the music in the background) Now that tune will be running through my head the rest of the day! Ha,ha! Merry Christmas! ;o)

softearthart said...

Oh so cool, cheers from New Zealand, Marie

sue said...

Oh, these are all wonderful, Carolyn! How'd I miss these!? Happy New Year! Hope your holidays were good. Loved the card/photo!

Carolyn at Walnut Spinney said...

Oh, Sue, I'd just sent the photo card out when I read your post about the obligatory family Christmas photo! Made me giggle and then wonder what stories AJ will tell later about having to do that every year...